The Many Features of Hemp Plant Products and Why You Should Use Them
Made from the fibres of the Cannabis Sativa plant, hemp is a textile that has seen many different uses over time. Paper, fabrics, and even medicines have all seen hemp's magic touch applied to them over the centuries. And yet, the material fell out of favour in many countries during the 20th century, likely due to its association with cannabis.
But that was unfair to hemp. After all, a shirt can't get you stoned. Hemp plants have many natural properties that make it a go-to fabric, in addition to being friendly to the environment.
Today, the world is slowly waking up to the many features and benefits of the hemp plant. Here, we dig into those benefits to explain why hemp plant products help protect nature while giving you some gorgeous additions to your wardrobe.
The Benefits of Hemp Plant Products
We can divide the benefits of using hemp into three categories:
Hemp plants’ seeds are incredibly nutritious. Sprinkling a few hemp seeds on a meal, or even eating them as-is, offers many nutritional benefits. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says that 30g of hemp seeds contains 2.6g of the healthy fat alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). The National Institutes of Health says that adults need between 1.1g and 1.6g of ALA per day, meaning hemp seeds gives you more than your daily dose of a healthy fat that your body loves.
That's not all.
Every 100g of hemp seeds contains 30g of protein, which your body needs to build and repair muscles. If you're looking to get fit, or you're a vegetarian who needs protein from sources other than meat, hemp seeds are a great solution.
Hemp oil does wonders for your skin. In addition to moderating the production of your body's natural oils, the omega-6 fatty acids in hemp offer a soothing touch for anyone dealing with skin inflammation.
It also moisturises the skin, combating the fine lines and wrinkles that are the most apparent signs of ageing. You can unleash these protective properties onto your skin with Made In Hemp's wide range of health and beauty products.
Australia alone generates 15.3 million tonnes of waste annually. Expand that waste production worldwide, and you have far too many non-biodegradable products ending up in landfills.
Hemp plants and their products are very biodegradable.
It's also better for the environment than other plants used to produce fabrics, such as cotton. Farmers use less water and land while getting a higher yield from hemp than from almost any other fabric-producing plant.
Hemp plants have been used for centuries for their medicinal properties. One of the key medicinal components of hemp is CBD or cannabidiol. CBD is non-psychoactive and has many therapeutic benefits, including pain relief, anxiety reduction, and anti-inflammatory effects.
Research has shown that CBD can effectively reduce chronic pain, such as arthritis or back pain, without the adverse side effects of traditional pain medication. Additionally, CBD has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects, helping to reduce symptoms of anxiety disorders such as PTSD or social anxiety. CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can be helpful for various conditions, including acne and eczema. Overall, CBD is a powerful medicinal component of hemp that has the potential to help people manage a variety of health conditions safely and naturally. Call one of our experts to learn more about CBD oil and it’s availability at (02) 4334 2000.
The Types of Products from Hemp Plants
With the above benefits, you can see why hemp needs to be in your life. Now, let's look at some of the hemp plant products that leave you feeling healthier and make you more confident that you're doing your bit to protect the planet:
- Hemp Clothing – There are all sorts of reasons to replace your current wardrobe with hemp clothing. Hemp is a tough fabric, lasting up to three times as long as the 10 years or so you may get out of cotton. That durability doesn't lead to discomfort, though, as hemp clothing starts comfortable and only gets softer with repeated washes.
- Hemp Seeds – We've already covered the nutritional benefits of hemp seeds. But we haven't talked about their versatility, with these seeds being consumable on their own or making great (and healthy) additions to your meals.
- Hemp Oil – Your body is a temple, and hemp oil keeps that temple's exterior looking fresh, youthful, and healthy. Incorporating hemp into your skincare routine ensures you take fight against signs of ageing while combating inflammation.
How to Incorporate Hemp Products Into Your Lifestyle
It's not difficult to incorporate hemp into your life, even if you're a complete hemp newbie. Here are a few quick tips that show you how to unleash the protective powers of hemp:
- Buy hemp clothing to get longer-lasting clothes that are friendly to the environment and extremely comfortable.
- Start incorporating hemp seeds into your meals:
- Sprinkle a few hemp seeds onto a healthy salad.
- Cook the seeds in stews, broths, and soups.
- Enjoy a dose of protein-rich hemp protein powder.
- Create gorgeous sauces for pasta.
- Introduce hemp into your skincare routine with facial cleansing bars, moisturising balms, and body butters from Made In Hemp.
Unleash the Benefits of Hemp Products in Your Life
Hemp is the future of fabric, food, and so much more. Hemp seeds offer immense nutritional value, particularly regarding protein and healthy fats, while hemp oils keep your skincare regimen on point. And with long-lasting hemp clothing, you create a sustainable wardrobe of fashionable items that take far longer to break down than other fabrics.
All that's left is to get some hemp in your life.
At Made In Hemp, we offer clothing, beauty, skincare, and hemp seed products, alongside a whole lot more. Check out our range and discover just how versatile hemp can be.