If you have visited our store during the Long Jetty Street Festival, you undoubtedly would have tried one of these delicious treats! Gluten free and vegan friendly - they were a hit with everyone who walked through the door - so it would be selfish of us to keep the recipe a secret.
250g shredded coconut
100g hulled hemp seed
60g finely ground almonds
1 tablespoon lemon zest
320ml coconut condensed milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare tray with baking sheet.
2. Mix together the coconut, hulled hemp seeds, almonds, and lemon peel until well combined.
3. Stir in the condensed milk and vanilla
4. Heap tablespoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, pressing to form a slightly mounded shape. Should make approximately 30 Hemparoons.
5. Bake the Hemparoons in the preheated oven for 15-17 min, or until golden brown.
6. Use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool. The Hemperoons will harden as they cool. Store in an airtight container.