Vegetable and Haloumi fritter salad
Date Posted:7 November 2018
Vegetable and haloumi fritter salad
0:05 Prep • 0:20 Cook • 4 Servings
Adapted from taste.com.au
I was looking around for delicious meals to add hemp into and was immediately sold on this one (thanks Taste). It may have something to do with being slightly haloumi obsessed - or the fact that I actually had all these ingredients in my fridge - which never happens!
Our Hulled Hemp Seed will be a perfect addition to the fritters - either in the batter or sprinkled on top (see notes) and by adding hemp seed oil to the salad dressing - it will round out the flavours of the lime and mango.
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 300g gold sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 180g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 2 Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of hulled hemp seeds* (see notes)
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 1 bunch asparagus, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (70g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seed oil
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Mint and coriander (optional)
Step 1 Place the zucchini, sweet potato, haloumi, egg and our in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Season.
Step 2 Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Spoon six 1-tbs portions of batter around the pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 2 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
Step 3 Arrange fritters on a large serving plate with the rocket, carrot, asparagus, cucumber and spring onion. Combine the yoghurt, hemp seed oil, mango chutney and lime juice in a small bowl. Drizzle yoghurt mixture evenly over the salad to serve. Serve with mint sprigs and coriander leaves (optional).
Hulled hemp seeds offer this dish a deliciously nutty flavour, as well as a boost to its nutritional profile. They could easily be incorporated directly into the batter however to best preserve the delicate essential fatty acids, we recommend sprinkling the hulled seeds on after everything is cooked. Plus there is something satisfying about sprinkling hemp seeds over a meal - like your body knows you are doing something healthy!
Please be sure to tag us in your creations on Instagram and Facebook and comment below with recipe ideas!